Through my sons eyes....
I have a beautiful, curious, handsome, charming eight year old son named Joshua , cute as a bug in a rug..if you can consider a bug cute..anyway. Over the years he has wondered and questioned and commented on the world and all its wonders and I have been blessed enough to be present..One time we were driving and he says"mom, how come when a car drives away it gets smaller?", he asked with all the wonder in the world, when I informed him of the concept of things moving away the light went out of his eyes. ..its times like this he makes me see the simple wonder of his world .. a world in were people are just people and not out to hurt one another...one day I watched as he played outside and noticed him looking towards a bush and smiling he was around 5 at the time...when he came in I asked "Josh who were you playing with?"I imagining some invisible friend...he looks at me with a twinkle in his eye and says"God", keep in mind he had never really payed attention to anything in church..I had to catch my breath, I asked again"who?", he said again "God", and then added "mommy, we need to clean the house tomorrow, God will be coming over", this caught me off guard and he smiled and informed me he was off to clean his room...that day has never left my mind,,and if God came over, I was not aware of it....but what a wonderful thought...he one time made the comment "mom, if you have so many sisters, why dont they help you clean the house?" I was left with a tear in my eye, I did not realize my son noticed how tired I was from cleaning the house after all my sisters and their kids...it was then that I realized the simplicity of my sons world and how cut and dry his world was....he sees how simple life is and how it should be and at times I do not have the heart to explain the complications of the human race, and all the coldness and cruelness in the world... I prefer he see things through his small eyes and believe that all people have good in them and that people in general can and want to be nice to everyone else..I want him to form his opinions from his life experiences and his goals from his wants...not from my tired eyes and my heart that has broken more times than I care to remember...I wish everyone could spend a day in my son's world to see or remind us of what life used to be..take you back to the day when your biggest problem was what cartoon you were going to watch that day...He left me with one of his simple problems today. I was having a hard day at work when he called my cell and left this message"mom, I love you and by the way could you pick my a hamburger from McDonalds today? Im hungry....Im loving it, I thought...I am loving him...............................Julia

1 Comments:
Two Favorite Josh Stories:
1. When he was very little and he called his pocket a poh-keet. Like he was French. I never witnessed it as I was not around yet but I LOVE that story. A poh-keet!
2. The other day when he looked at Sonia suspiciously and picked up her nametag and read...Sonia Trainee. THATS not your last name. as if to say..."Who are you trying to fool?!" lmfao!
By
Cece Martinez, at September 2, 2004 at 6:37 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home