juliesdreamland

Thursday, August 12, 2004

RED DEVIL LAND

This is in reply to my sis in laws take on Red Devil...how dare ye be jealous of the mighty red devil...I too like my brother have developed quite the fondness for the sauce of the forbiden pleasure...my dad started this whole obsession one day for me when he took boiled eggs and potatoes and gingerly cut them into slices and then lovinly poured the sweet nectar of chilis all over them....he then delicately picked up each slice with all the love in his hands and savored the taste of the tasty morcel he had made , I sat in the back ground, hovering in the darkness like a criminal..a criminal I say..ready to steal a piece once this man turned his back, all I needed I would tell myself is one second...one second...tick...ok maybe two seconds....there he put his plate on the counter..I move in like a shadow of darkness to covet the plate of love food...#@%&, there is no more..that man, my mom's husband, father to her children, son to my grandparents...brother to his siblings ATE IT ALL!!!
Well now, now what ? I am left to suffer ..but wait the juice is on the plate...ahhhh, the juice I pick up the plate, let out a laugh, you know the one, the evil laugh, like the citibank commercials and then I do it...I put it to my lips and allow the juice to slide into my mouth...first my tongue burns ...a sweet burn, then my throat burns...the kind of burn that you feel when you consume some guilty pleasure...ahhhh, there it goes and then its over..its gone..so I put the plate down and stare at it as if by some miracle some more may appear but alas it does not...Life moves on and I start to walk out of the kitchen...and then it happens, it calls to me one last time so I look back and a tear wells up as I stare at IT..the RED DEVIL..and I hear it...until next time Julia, until next time...now some twenty six years later I still hunger for it..the love of the devil..THE ALMIGHTY RED DEVIL...so woman take your place where you should and accept it..for the love does not die...NOT I SAY!!!!

1 Comments:

  • SWEET NECTAR OF CHILIS!? HA! okay..that was good.
    anyway.
    Get behind me Red Devil! In the name of The Father, The Son, and The Holy Spirit!
    Vile fluid of the Devil's fruit! I cast ye out!

    By Blogger Cece Martinez, at August 13, 2004 at 6:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home