my canadian
This piece is dedicated to my sweet canadian, my man is turning 35 on Monday August 9, oh where to start...
My sweet husband and I met on the internet..and well we did not hit it off exactly he was going through a breakup of a ten year marriage and I was coming out of an engagement...His marriage had hit the rocks five years earlier and I had just figured out the man I thought I should marry was not the man I should have been with at all...any way we started conversing on the net and a while later we started talking on the phone...He e-mailed me a picture of himself and there were the prettiest pair of blue eyes I had ever seen...Red hair, blue eyes and so much sensitivity....He then became my best friend and before too long he was the first voice in the morning and the last voice at night....He divorced and we talked about our future, a future I really did not think would ever happen, you hear all the stories of the internet, someone always turns out to be not what they said they were and your'e left with mixed feelings and alot of confusion...he told me he would be here in March and I thought yeah right...but I'll be damned he came down and three and a half years later he still takes my breath away ..I left alot out but trust me it's all good...He is my best friend..my foundation..my heart and my soul live for him...He has listened to my fears and laughed at my jokes..not all are funny ..hard to believe...he has taught me love is not supposed to hurt and I am allowed to love without fear of everything falling apart...he held me when me dad died and understood how I felt without me telling him...he finishes my thoughts and loves me dispite of myself...he gave up his life in Canada and took on mine here in Texas..he understood when I cried and told him I could not leave my mom alone because I need to make sure she is ok...he has done all this and not asked anything in return except that I be honest...So honestly Mark James Iliffe I love and adore and cherish, thank you for all you have done for me and my kids thank you for giving me your son and thank you for loving me..I finally know what love is and I finally know what it is to love someone other than my kids unconditionally and without judgement...Te Amo Mis Ojos....
I only ask one more thing from the Lord may he take me before you, I would not be able to live without you, and as always may your voice be the last one I hear as I leave this earth.....
Julia Iliffe(canadian at heart)

1 Comments:
(tear) stop making me cry! dangit. you are lucky to have that Canadian! and your little baby, DJ Canada. Happy Birthday Mark!
By
Cece Martinez, at August 9, 2004 at 6:59 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home