oh my woes.....
Well this one is being done while my DevinMeister takes a cat nap....we had to take him to the hospital yesterday morning around 5am, he woke up not being able to breath correctly so we rushed him to the ER...let the nightmare begin...first we got the nurse from hell to admit us..she tossed my son around like he was a rag doll in an attempt to get a pulse on him..I finally could take no more and had her hand him to me and I held him as she took his pulse...next...asshole....we get admitted into the room and the doctor working orders x-rays and blood work and informs us our son has Croup...an illness that is common in babies I am told..he then goes on to inform us that every child he sees with this illness he admits no matter what..good or bad?...well we were to find out soon enough...the x-rays are done and the doctor tells us his lungs are clear he is just congested and needs a few breathing treatments to open his lungs completely..ok, no problem yet, he takes off around 7am and the next doctor is told to come and talk to us upon arrival to the hospital...now its around 10am no doctor, nurse comes in and informs us the doctor has called but does not know what time she will be in, but wants to admit our son...by now Devin is doing much better considering he has had three treatments since arriving...the tech who comes in tells me you can expect to have you son put in with an IV to hydrate him...is he dehydrated? I ask...no, as a matter of fact he looks really good....ok, I think so why would you stick him with a needle if you did not need to...I soon find out the doctor who never showed up likes to do that to all children put in the hospital,,,so how do you keep the IV in? oh, the parents have the responsibility of restraining their children...ok, restrain? yes, maam, restrain...ok, now its fixing to get ugly....next the blood work they send me the woman from hell, cant find his vein to save her life,so lets just move it around his little arm and over and over again stick him...son is crying to heaven for help..by now I am crying and trying to stop from punching this woman who is torturing my son.....finally she finds the vein..she leaves and takes his precious blood with him to be tested....next, the nurse from hell again, I finally say NO to the IV why put one in him if the doctor never showed up and he is not dehydrated;...ok, maam, are you refusing the IV or admitting him? all of the above, I call his doctor in town and she tells me to bring him right away...the nurse returns and I inform her of my decision...ok, I will inform the doctor you refused our help, the same doctor who never showed up!!!!ok, one more shot from her I would like to check his respiration, but I am afraid he will cry.in the most sarcastic voice she could find...ok, time for me to exit before I kick her ass....I take my son to his doctor and they up his breathing treatments and put him on some more meds to help with the coughing and congestion...happy to say my son is much better...damm that doctor and the hospital...may they kiss my non helping ass....people be warned to people who appear to not know how to treat people correctly...Mcallen Regional...not mentioning any names.
Julia

2 Comments:
BASTARDS! I can't BELIEVE those fuckheads! You should write a letter to them! They are probably charging you hundreds of dollars for all that shit! grrrrrrrrr!
By
Cece Martinez, at September 24, 2004 at 6:57 AM
Jesus.....I'm glad mash potato man is O.K.
By
Cody, at September 27, 2004 at 7:39 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home